Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup playoffs had only one game on the docket Monday, with the Pittsburgh Penguins defeating the Washington Capitals to go up 2–1 in the series. Of course, the action was not limited to the ice with news about the Flames also making headlines.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Calgary Flames announced that they have relieved Bob Hartley of his head-coaching duties. Management believes “it’s time for a new voice,” according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
• Penguins defenseman Kris Letang will have a hearing for his hit on Capitals forward Marcus Johansson.
• The Edmonton Oilers are shopping the fourth overall pick in the NHL draft, reports the Edmonton Journal.
• Auston Matthews could be a lock to go to the Toronto Maple Leafs, who hold the first overall pick in the NHL draft, reports TSN.
• The Montreal Canadiens are not actively fielding offers for any of their players, according to SportsNet’s Eric Engels.