March 30, 2015

PARIS (AP) Former Formula One driver Franck Montagny has been handed a two-year suspension by the sport's governing body after testing positive for a metabolite of cocaine.

The Frenchman failed the anti-doping control last November at a Formula E race in Malaysia and had been provisionally suspended since Dec. 23.

After hearing his case, FIA's Anti-Doping Disciplinary Commission said Montagny's ban will end on Dec. 23, 2016.

In an interview with L'Equipe newspaper earlier this year, Montagny admitted he was ''guilty'' and said he did not ask for the B sample to be tested.

The 37-year-old Montagny, who took part in seven F1 races in 2006 with the Super Aguri team, can appeal FIA's decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

You May Like