Los Angeles Football Club introduced comedian and actor Will Ferrell as one of the part owners of the MLS franchise on Thursday.
The 26-person ownership group features several former athletes including Boston Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra and his wife, U.S. women’s soccer star Mia Hamm and NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.
Hamm introduced Ferrell at a press conference on Thursday.
Other executives with a stake in the club include Henry Nguyen, Peter Gruber, Tom Penn, Ruben Gnanalingam, Vincent Tan, Brandon Beck, Larry Berg, Chad Hurley, Tucker Kain, Kirk Lacob, Mark Leschly, Mike Mahan, Irwin Raij, Tony Robbins, Lon Rosen, Bennett Rosenthal, Paul Schaeffer, Brandon Schneider, Mark Shapiro, Allen Shapiro, Jason Sugarman and Harry Tsao.
The ownership group has a net worth of more than $4.5 billion.
Ferrell starred in the 2005 movie Kicking and Screaming, where he plays a coach for a boys' soccer team.
Below is a list of the other LAFC owners with ties to sports:
• Guber is the owner and co-executive chairman of the Golden State Warriors and the co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
• Penn now works for ESPN but previously spent four seasons as vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager of the Portland Trail Blazers.
• Gnanalingam does business with the Queens Park Rangers of the English Premier League.
• Tan serves as the majority owner of the EPL's Cardiff City.
• Beck is the co-creator of League of Legends, which is arguably one of the most popular e-sports video games.
• Kain is the CFO of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
• Lacob is the assistant general manager of the Warriors.
• Rosen is executive vice president and chief marketing officer for the Dodgers. He previously worked with the Lakers and Los Angeles Kings.
• Schnieder is the group vice president of ticket sales and services for the Warriors.
• Sugarman is a partner in the Oklahoma City Dodgers, which serves as the the Dodgers' Triple A affiliate.
• Tsai is a partner of the Warriors.
- Christopher Chavez