Across Europe, a number of teams are looking to upgrade during this January's transfer window. Several clubs have already upgraded, with Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny from Basel, Liverpool signing Marko Grujic from Red Star Belgrade and Newcastle buying Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea City. Will other clubs across Europe seek to bolster their squads to make a run at a league title or the Champions League? Which clubs are planning to sell?
With Deadline Day looming, catch up on all of the latest transfer news and rumors here.
PODCAST: Lyttleton on who's staying, who's going in transfer window
• Ivory Coast forward Gervinho is reportedly headed to Chinese club Heibei China Fortune FC on an £18m transfer from Roma.
• Newcastle United signed Tottenham’s Andros Townsend on a five-and-a-half-year deal, the club announced.
• Colombia international Fredy Guarin is leaving Inter Milan for Shanghai Shenhua in China.
• Ashley Cole has joined the LA Galaxy of MLS.
• Chelsea’s Ramires has joined Chinese club Jiangsu Suning, reports BBC. The deal is reportedly worth £25m.
• Alexandre Pato has arrived in London to complete his six-month loan to Chelsea, reports Sky Sports. The deal reportedly has an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.
• Liverpool has made an offer for Schalke defender Joel Matip, sources told Sky Sports.
• After only six months with the club, winger Florian Thauvin is expected to leave Newcastle, reports Sky Sports. His former club, Marseille, is currently the favorite to re-sign him.
• Swansea City signed Ryan Blair from Falkirk, the team announced Wednesday. Blair signed a three year deal with the club and is set to link up with the club’s under-21 squad.
• Jonjoe Kenny has joined Oxford United on a one-month loan from Everton, the team announced Wednesday.
• Emmanuel Adebayor has signed a short-term contract with Crystal Palace, reports the Associated Press. Adebayor has signed with the club through the end of the season. He has not be a part of the team since he was released from his contract at Tottenham last September.
• A.S. Roma has signed Stephan El Shaarawy from A.C. Milan, the team announced. The forward joins the club on a loan deal until the end of June. The deal as an option to make loan permanent before the start of the 2016-17 season.
• Alexandre Pato’s six-month loan from Corinthians to Chelsea has been finalized, according to Sky Sports.
• Newcastle agreed to a £12m fee with Tottenham for Andros Townsend, Sky Sports reports. Townsend has only played 64 minutes for Tottenham during the current Premier League campaign.
• Barcelona manager Luis Enrique says he expects Neymar to sign a new deal with the team, reportsThe Mirror.
• Andre Ayew joined Swansea City last summer, but he could be on the way out already. Sunderland has stepped up efforts to secure the forward, offering Swansea £10m and Fabio Borini to secure the Ghana international's services, Sky Sports reports.
• Liverpool may be interested in Shakhtar Donetsk striker Alex Teixeira, but the clubs are still far apart on the details of a transfer, Sky Sports reports. Teixeira has scored 22 goals in 16 matches this season.
• Chelsea midfielder Ramires will join Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning, reports Sky Sports.
• Atletico Madrid has appealed FIFA’s two-window transfer ban regarding underage players.
• Real Madrid has a buy-back clause with Arsenal for Mesut Ozil, reports Sky Sports. If true, the clause would allow Real Madrid the first option to bring back Ozil if Arsene Wenger decided to sell him. The German international joined Arsenal ahead of the 2013 season.
• Chelsea reportedly did not have to pay a fee to Monaco for the loan of Radamel Falcao.