‘It’s Simple’—Arsenal Fired Clear Message in Kenan Yildiz Transfer Pursuit

Juventus manager Luciano Spalletti bullishly said on Saturday that Arsenal—or anyone else, for that matter—can offer “whatever they want” for star winger Kenan Yıldız. But it won’t change where the Türkiye international is playing this season.
Yıldız is linked with Arsenal to improve the Premier League champions’ options on the left flank. The Gunners have traded in Leandro Trossard for a younger model in new signing Christos Tzolis, but there is scope to upgrade Gabriel Martinelli and Mikel Arteta is nothing if not ruthless.
Arsenal had earlier been keeping tabs on Vinícius Júnior amid the possibility of an opportunistic approach for the Brazilian prior to him signing a new contract with Real Madrid. There has also been rumored interest in Bradley Barcola, who appears more keen on Liverpool, while Morgan Rogers opted for London rivals Chelsea last month.
Determined to create a Premier League dynasty also capable of going all the way in the Champions League, the Gunners are being careful to only target players who will actually improve their squad of existing title winners. Few tick that box and Yıldız might be one, but doing business with Juventus when time is running out will be far from easy.
Juventus Playing Hard Ball Over Yildiz

“I experience it calmly because the player is Yıldız. From my point of view, it’s simple, they can offer whatever they want,” Spalletti told reporters in Italy.
“I want to be able to field Yıldız this season.”
Even still aged 21, Yıldız has been the star name on the Juventus roster for the past two seasons. The German-born talent moved to Turin from Bayern Munich, where he’d spent a decade in the academy, aged 17 in 2022 and became a starter two years later.
Spalletti was keen to point out that Yıldız can be reasoned with and is not itching to leave.
"Yıldız is a guy who is perfect to have mature conversations with. And consequently, he knows very well that he shouldn't rush anything, that he shouldn't speed anything up. His future is already important at Juventus,” the manager explained.
“It’s not important because someone offers €100 million [$116.8 million, £85.6 million] or because there is a club that has the financial power to spend at this moment. He is already at the club that offers €100 million for him. So, we are all very calm.”
Arsenal Running Out of Time to Offload Martinelli

There are only nine days left in the summer transfer window for Arsenal to find their upgrade on Martinelli, which is also likely to depend on the Brazilian leaving.
The Gunners are thought to be open to selling, but an approach from Galatasaray hasn’t piqued Martinelli’s interest. He has been left out of both matchday squads so far this season, not even making the bench for the Community Shield against Manchester City or the Premier League opener against Coventry City. If Arteta is trying to send a message, it’s clear.
Club legend Ian Wright spoke up on Friday while appearing as an analyst on Sky Sports, admitting he feels “uncomfortable” because of the apparent treatment of Martinelli. “There’s ways to do that. It should suit him as well, how he wants to leave.”

Jamie Spencer is a writer and editor for SI FC. Jamie grew up in Manchester, England, in the 1990s and fell in love with the game at the same time as the Premier League was taking off. With more than a decade of experience behind him in sports media, he specializes in Manchester United and the overall Premier League, still living in England’s north-west soccer hotbed. Jamie is also an expert on the women’s game and enjoys old school nostalgia, telling stories from soccer’s rich history and culture.