The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• When you've taken out the U.S. Open champ twice in seven days and you hit a passing shot like that on match point, I think you're allowed that celebration, Maria Kirilenko.
• Lamenting the lack of prodigies. No mention of the age-eligibility restrictions on the WTA?
• If you didn't get a chance to watch Tuesday night, be sure to catch a re-air of ESPN Films' documentary on transgender WTA star Renee Richards. Interesting and riveting stuff. The documentary will re-air on Wednesday on ESPN2 and on Sunday on ESPN Classic.
• Tennis or Bourne Identity? Serbian player banned for betting claims he was set up by "a current top player."
• Loose lips sink ships: Ian Ritchie is reportedly no longer in the running for ATP chief after the British press leaked news of his candidacy last week.
• There may be merit to this piece on the lack of Hispanic players in American tennis, but odd that it completely ignores Christina McHale and Irina Falconi, both of whom are half-Hispanic.
• This headline made me "uneasy."
• Can there be an article about Serbian tennis that doesn't mention Novak Djokovic?
• Speaking of Novak, he's not humble enough for Roy Emerson.