The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• From The Changeover: Is Donald Young for real this time?
• Video: Montreal Canadiens PK Subban is a loud and proud member of the Genie Army:
• Another video: The original Genie Army, made up of Australians, have been flown out for the Rogers Cup. So they sang a song:
• From The New York Times: The Dominican Republic's Victor Estrella Burgos is playing the best tennis of his career. At 34, he'll be the oldest player ever debuting in the U.S. Open main draw.
• The New York Post calls John McEnroe's charity a "scam" used to support his academy's top prospects, like Wimbledon boys' champion Noah Rubin.
• Here's what Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams might be wearing at the U.S. Open. Leopard? Biker shorts? I have questions.
• Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker dined with the Obamas last week.
• One of the more divisive topics from last week: Victoria Azarenka's summer kit. I liked it.
• Dominic Thiem's wrote a lengthy post on Facebook after losing in the Kitzbuehel final. Number of times he used the word 'mega'? Two.
• Tomas Berdych can't joke on court. That's why he tweets.
• South African Rik de Voest retired after 16 years on the ATP Tour.
• From the Vancouver Sun: Good to hear Melanie Oudin is healthy again.
• Non-tennis: I've been rewatching The X-Files and can't recommend the X-Files Files podcast with Kumail Nanjiani enough. Very funny.