The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Kei Nishikori, the first Japanese man to make the semifinals of the Open since 1918, is all over the papers back home:
Nishikori was on front pages of today's Asahi Shimbun and Nishi-Nippon in Japan. pic.twitter.com/jE4JZvfmRR— Bryan Armen Graham (@BryanAGraham) September 4, 2014
• Must read: A beautiful piece by Doug Robson after the loss of his mother. Sometimes it's ok to root from the press box.
• Victoria Azarenka's team wants you to know she was sick during her quarterfinal loss, but don't ask her about it unless you want a deathstare.
• This golden retriever loves U.S. Open tennis:
• WTA Backspin on Ekaterina Makarova's win over Azarenka.
• "Roger Federer Serves Like a Girl": Nice read from Slate on the science of why women can serve as big as the men.
• Andy Roddick talks about what he misses about tennis on Late Night with Seth Meyers: