The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Rafael Nadal withdraws from this winter's International Premier Tennis League, but Roger Federer is set to take his place. Surprising move given how busy Federer's fall season will be with the World Tour Finals and Davis Cup final.
India, here I come! Looking forward to playing two matches in Delhi on December 7th & 8th. I’m beyond excited!— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) September 22, 2014
• Meanwhile, Nadal's public relations manager confirms he will play the China Open and Shanghai Masters.
• Ana Ivanovic is enjoying her time in Beijing after retiring from the Wuhan Open with a thigh injury.
• Per L'Equipe: France will host Switzerland on indoor clay.
• Caroline Wozniacki forgot her $1.4 million prize money check after the U.S. Open final and had to drive back to the tournament to pick it up. Tennis needs to adopt direct deposit.
• Toni Nadal is not happy about Gala Leon's appointment as the first female Davis Cup captain.
• Andy Murray, however, is pretty stoked about it:
congrats to Gala Leon Garcia for becoming first female Spanish Davis cup captain today... hopefully first of many!— Andy Murray (@andy_murray) September 22, 2014
• Murray tells the BBC that he doesn't regret giving his opinion on Scottish independence but is disappointed in the way he went about it.
• Video: A wonderful tennis fail for your enjoyment:
• Should we be concerned about Nick Kyrgios' decision to shut down his season? He cites burnout but has only played nine matches since beating Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon.
• Who knew Li Na had such a good bagel rate? When she was good, she was very good.
• Report: Eugenie Bouchard is leaving Lagardere for IMG. When I talked to Bouchard in Wuhan this week she did let slip that she was pursuing "new" management.
Unsurprisingly Genie Bouchard, through her mom, has notified Lagardere she will not be renewing with the agency. Expected to sign with IMG— daniel kaplan (@dkaplanSBJ) September 23, 2014
• It was only a matter of time: Laura Robson signs a deal with Nike.