Daily Bagel: Kyrgios' brother to haters: 'Keep watching greatness happen'
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Nick Kyrgios' brother Christos has a message to all his haters:
And to all the media, "analysts", "experts" and other fkheads that find it so convenient to label this warrior "hot-headed, disrespectul & volatile", keep your unqualified, useless & s*** opinion next to your packet of chips on your desk where you are resting your fat a**.
This is a 19 year old doing things that the sport has never seen, in his own way. A way that is entertaining and loved by not only his fans, not only lovers of the sport, but people who love seeing character. There is a reason why he is pushing the boundaries of possibility and why you are sitting there talking about it, just shutup and keep watching greatness happen.
• This is a solid way to convert match point, Denis Istomin:
• Carl Bialik for FiveThirtyEight takes a look at David Goffin's incredible three-month stretch.
• There are just a few more days to vote for the WTA Rising Stars. Madison Keys, CoCo Vandeweghe, Belinda Bencic and Monica Puig are just a few names nominated. The winners will get to fly to the WTA Finals and play exhibition matches.
• Check out Elina Svitolina's trick serve:
• Amy Schumer sends up women's tennis.
• Down The Line offers a fashion review of the China Open player party.
• The U.S. swept both the Junior Davis Cup and Fed Cup competitions.
• Here's a recap of Julien Benneteau's 0-10 record in finals.
• #TBT: Novak Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic:
Ana and Novak played a charity set in 2005 in Belgrade. Ana won 7-5. Things you find at the Serbian National Library. pic.twitter.com/G7Xx0lkgIG— Jelena Subotic (@suboticjelena) October 1, 2014
• Tokyo welcomes home Kei Nishikori: