Daily Bagel: JBS drops Wozniacki, Cilic in doubt for Australian Open
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Marin Cilic says his shoulder injury puts him in doubt for the Australian Open.
• Fed Cup zonal nominations are out. Victoria Azarenka has confirmed for Belarus, while Serbia will be without both Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic. Laura Robson is also sitting out for Great Britain.
• You know it's Australia when Sam Stosur is getting grilled about her mental fragility.
• Crowds normally back the underdog, but the Aussies in Brisbane were firmly behind Azarenka.
• Novak Djokovic explains his decision to play an Australian Open warm-up tournament, something he hasn't done in years:
"I had so many matches in the seasons before that I was able to satisfy my needs on court with a couple of matches in Abu Dhabi or the Hopman Cup and then go to Melbourne (for the Australian Open).
"This year was different because we thought the gap between the last match (of 2014) in London and the first match in the Grand Slam in Melbourne is too big and that I needed to play an official tournament."
• The Tennis Island has a good look at the WTA rule changes for 2015.
• Roger Federer was in full exhibition mode for Brisbane's Kids' Day:
• Your afternoon entertainment: Put this article (about Cristiano Ronaldo signing an underwear deal with the same Danish company that sponsors Caroline Wozniacki) into Google Translate and read the mangled result.
• Check that: Sponsored Caroline Wozniacki. The company, JBS, has dropped Wozniacki in favor of the Real Madrid star.
• Check out this match point from Feliciano Lopez during an exhibition match:
Those two had a pretty good time: