The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• While You Were Sleeping: Catch up on all of Tuesday's overnight action here.
• Nice profile piece on Victoria Azarenka by Christopher Clarey for The New York Times. She remains one of tennis' most fascinating characters.
Azarenka, 25, also wants to return to the circuit with a more frank and true-to-herself attitude after a season foiled by injuries and the painful end of her romance with the singer Stefan Gordy, better known as Redfoo.
“I did get my heart broken; I really did,” she said. “I’m over it, but it was broken. And I’m not afraid to admit that it was, but it’s life.”
She said she cried a lot last year, but she sounded as if she has gleaned a lot on her way to a brighter place: making new connections and deepening others, spending Thanksgiving in November with the big-wave surfer Laird Hamilton, his wife, the star volleyball player Gabrielle Reece, and their daughters on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.
• Catching up with Novak Djokovic in Qatar, who says Baby Stefan is doing great.
• Speaking of which:
• Taylor Townsend plays Caroline Wozniacki in Auckland on Wednesday. It will be a tough test of her patience.
• A good interview with Belinda Bencic ahead of the Sydney International.
• Serena Williams hangs with a koala in Perth.
• Kei Nishikori is a wood-sword wielding samurai in this ad for Cup Noodles. Is going for a tweener really a good idea, Kei?
• Laura Robson is hoping for a February return.
• In closing, here's a photo of Roger Federer and a dolphin: