Daily Bagel: Eugenie Bouchard takes a wildcard into Charleston
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Eugenie Bouchard has been given a wildcard into next week's Family Circle Cup in Charleston, S.C. Bouchard lost in her opening match at the Miami Open last week and has played just four tournaments this season.
• Janko Tipsarevic is working his way back on tour after injury. He's been given a wildcard into the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston, Texas. Ryan Sweeting was given a qualifying wildcard.
• Venus Williams has softened her stance on a possible return to Indian Wells.
So I don't know what tournaments I'm going to play as long as I'm at the Olympics. That's my goal, to be healthy enough. So I think it would be awesome to return, but I don't know what my schedule is next year. It's going to be all around that.
• Rafael Nadal says he's happy with his game, he just needs to get ride of his nerves.
• Peter Bodo on how Indian Wells and Miami have switched in the prestige sweepstakes.
• Sam Stosur and her coach Simon Rea have parted ways.
• Nicolas Almagro tried to go through Rafael Nadal three times. He failed:
• Nick Kyrgios has grown 5.5 centimeters in the last two years.
• How about this defense and pin-point accuracy from Serena Williams in her opening win over Monica Niculescu in Miami:
• Caroline Wozniacki and Serena Williams say they're best friends. They sure don't know much about each other's careers:
• Ana Ivanovic lost to Sabine Lisicki on Sunday night, but her post-point reactions were very GIF-worthy.
• This was a fantastic point played between Simona Halep and Camila Giorgi: