Thanasi Kokkinakis speaks on Nick Kyrgios-Stan Wawrinka incident, Belinda Bencic stays grounded, Andy Murray talks about his win over Novak Djokovic and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Thanasi Kokkinakis speaks to Ben Rothenberg for Fox Sports Australia for the first time after the Nick Kyrgios-Stan Wawrinka incident in Montreal. Said Kokkinakis of Kyrgios: “He apologized to me. I let him know, I made it pretty clear that he can’t be doing that. If he’s got a problem, he’s got to say it in private. The way he went about it definitely wasn’t the right thing."
• Tom Perrotta for the Wall Street Journal on Mardy Fish and his struggles with anxiety attacks. The 33-year-old American openly tells his story ahead of the U.S. Open, with the hope he can help others. “I just want to share my story so maybe one person or 10 people or 100 people, whatever it is, can have something to fall back on and say, ‘Hey, there’s someone who went through what I went through and got through it,’” Fish said.
• What songs are on Serena Williams's playlist? Find out:
• The Tennis Podcast talks with Andy Murray following his win over Novak Djokovic at Rogers Cup in Montreal on Sunday.
• Doug Robson for The New York Times on the WTA's addition of tablets featuring match data at the Bank of the West classic in Stanford, the first of six WTA tournaments the tablets will be tested at this year. The custom-designed tablets have advanced information, data and graphics gathered from Hawk-Eye and give coaches an opportunity to obtain information about a player's opponent, but they also raise questions about a coach's approach with a player.
• Kelsey Anderson writes for "Tour Wife Tales" for Changeover Tennis, where she discusses how she and husband Kevin cope with losing in a constructive way. Kelsey's perspective as a tour wife is particularly interesting, as she considers it "one of her biggest jobs" and explains that she evaluates a loss with three questions: What were the stakes? What were the expectations? What were your chances?
• Denis Kudla is perhaps headed into the best season of his career and a potential top 50 appearance, according to Steve Flink for Tennis Channel. The 23-year-old American is making noise after a run to the Round of 16 at Wimbledon and a semifinal showing in Atlanta.
• From Courtney Nguyen for WTA: Belinda Bencic is finding success by keeping her feet on the ground, and her recent rise is just the beginning.
• Maria Sharapova has teamed up with American Express for a U.S. Open campaign. Sharapova will be a part of a virtual reality game where fans will be able to return one of her serves in the "You vs. Sharapova" game at this year's tournament in New York.
• ICYMI: Novak Djokovic was peeved by a certain smell from a smoking fan in Montreal.