Venus Williams wins her 700th career match, Victoria Azarenka continues her injury-addled season, Novak Djokovic creates a new hot shot and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• From Courtney Nguyen for the WTA Insider: Victoria Azarenka talks about her injury-addled season.
"The important thing for me is to get my body fit 100%, on a consistent basis. I have a lot of work to do. That's why I think my mind is a little bit thinking too much for the next year because I have a plan what to do already in my off-season. I guess that kind of distracts me a little bit."
• Martina Hingis visited one of Wuhan's most famous landmarks with former World No. 2 Li Na.
• Petra Kvitova on dealing with being tired:
• Nicolas Escude, the co-coach of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, says he has stopped working with the Frenchman.
• With her win over Julia Goerges on Tuesday, Venus Williams secured her 700th career win, joining sister Serena , Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal as the only active singles players with 700 wins or more.
• Novak Djokovic adds some style to his shot:
• Meanwhile, checking in on Serena Williams, who just celebrated her 34th birthday:
• After retirements and upsets through the first few days at the Wuhan Open, the Round of 16 is set: Halep vs. Konta, Venus vs. Suarez Navarro, Kvitova vs. Vinci, Pliskova vs. Svitolina, Muguruza vs. Ivanovic, Mladenovic vs. Schmiedlova, Kerber vs. Giorgi, Vandeweghe vs. Strycova.