Kevin Anderson enters the ATP Top 10, Laura Robson and Monica Puig shut down their seasons, Novak Djokovic from Shanghai and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Kevin Anderson became the first South African since Wayne Ferreira 18 years ago to achieve a Top 10 ATP ranking.
• Speaking of the Andersons: From The Changeover: Tour Wife Tales with Kelsey Anderson: Five Things I Love About Japan.
• With the entire ATP's top 20 in Shanghai at the start, the tournament is now shaping up, with some good matches to come:
• After missing almost the entirety of the 2014 season, Laura Robson has ended her 2015 season due to injuries after playing 11 singles and 10 doubles matches since mid-June, according to the Telegraph.
• Following her loss to Sam Stosur in the second round of the Hong Kong Open on Wednesday, Monica Puig has also ended her 2015 season:
• Novak Djokovic from Shanghai: "I'm aware of the mental edge that I might have over a certain amount of players, and I try to use that."
• The Australian Open is aiming to attract a record one million spectators in 2016, said the tournament's director at a launch for the Slam in Shanghai, featuring Rafael Nadal and Rod Laver.
• Your 2015 ATP Sportsmanship award nominees:
• Serena Williams is taking on new hobbies:
• ICYMI: How the Shanghai Rolex Masters came to be one of the ATP's top tournaments.