The race to National Signing Day has begun. Sports Illustrated and Scout.com have partnered to provide complete coverage of college football recruiting. Follow along daily with conference-by-conference recruiting shows featuring analysis, breaking news, prospect breakdowns and much more all leading up to Signing Day on Feb. 3.
In this week’s episode of SI.com and Scout.com’s National Recruiting Show, SI’s B.J. Schecter and Chris Johnson and Scout.com’s Scott Kennedy discuss:
• How significant is Rashard Lawrence’s commitment to LSU? How are the Tigers managing to land so many highly touted recruits after their top recruiter, Frank Wilson, left to become UTSA’s head coach?
• Which schools could make the biggest jump in the recruiting class rankings between now and Signing Day? Who could close the strongest with some big late additions?
• Can Michigan finish with the No. 1 recruiting class? What makes Harbaugh so effective at connecting with recruits?
• Can Ohio State make a case for the top-ranked recruiting class? How close are the Buckeyes to the No. 1 spot?
• What’s behind the upheaval in recruiting in the Big 12? What’s the biggest change in recruiting in the conference?
• What’s helping Washington make a recruiting surge in recent weeks? Who are some of the biggest commits for the Huskies?
• Is USC’s recruiting class flying under the radar or is Clay Helton in trouble in year one? Who are the key recruits the Trojans are still in play for?
• What’s the defining trend of this year’s recruiting class? Which position group is going to provide the star power in college football in the next few years?