Well, that didn’t take long.
The team is celebrating Tom Brady’s four-game suspension with a few special features at the game on June 11. (Yes, that’s one day after Pawtucket’s promotion.)
- If your name is Tom or Brady, you won’t be allowed to watch the first four innings. They will let you in the ballpark, though, so it’s up to the honor system.
- Fans who bring a properly inflated football to donate to local youth programs will receive buy-one-get-one-free tickets.
- Fans are encouraged to bring un-destroyed cell phones to donate to charity.
- The scoreboard will feature videos of “some of sports’ greatest cheaters” and a special tribute to Bill Belichick.
- Because Brady’s footballs weren’t inflated to 12.5 psi, the Bison are offering a 12.5% discount at the team store.
I’m glad to see there’s no love lost between these AFC East rival cities.
- Dan Gartland