Update: Paul Kinzer, the agent of Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro, denied Castro's involvement in the incident in question, according to a report from the Chicago Tribune. Kinzer said Castro was not arrested or detained and that he voluntarily went to police for questioning, the report says.
Castro was detained on Saturday in relation to a nightclub shooting in his native Dominican Republic in which six people were injured by bullets, according to a report from Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes.
A police official said Castro was questioned at a prosecutor's office about his alleged involvement in the incident, according to the report. The official reportedly said some people Castro is close with participated in the shooting.
Castro was cleared of wrongdoing after being connected to another nightclub shooting in the Dominican Republic earlier this month.
Castro has hit .284 with 51 home runs and 294 RBI over five seasons with the Cubs. The 24-year-old finished fifth in National League Rookie of the Year voting in 2010 and has earned three All-Star appearances.
In 2012, Castro signed a seven-year, $60 million contract extension with the Cubs.