Eight Boston College players are sick with E. Coli after eating at Chipotle.
Eight Boston College players are sick with E. Coli after eating at a Chipotle near the school, the college confirmed in a statement Monday.
“Boston College has confirmed that several BC students and student-athletes, including members of the BC men’s basketball team, have reported to BC Health Services complaining of gastrointestinal symptoms. The common factor among the students is that they had all eaten at the Chipotle restaurant in Cleveland Circle. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has been notified, and is working to determine if there is a link to the ongoing national outbreak of e-coli. The Food and Drug Administration has issued information regarding this outbreak, which can be found on the FDA website.”
As of Friday, there were 52 cases of Chipotle-related E. Coli outbreaks in nine states across the nation.
Boston College is 3–5 so far this season after a 3-0 start.