Florida Gators wide receiver Antonio Callaway has been found not responsible in a Title IX sexual assault investigation/
Florida wide receiver Antonio Callaway has been found not responsible following a Title IX sexual assault investigation conducted by the school, reports Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times.
Callaway was accused of sexual assault in January and was banned from campus until June. Callaway faced a hearing in front of the school last week—a hearing that was boycotted by his accuser when a Florida booster was chosen as the hearing officer.
Callaway was found not responsible of three conduct violations, reports ESPN’s Mark Shlabach. His accuser was ruled not too intoxicated to not consent.
Callaway told judge he was high at time of encounter and was "so stoned I had no interest in having sex with anyone."— Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach) August 12, 2016
Ruling said woman's own text messages indicated she was pretending to be intoxicated— Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach) August 12, 2016
Callaway has not faced any criminal charges as a result of the accusation. He will be able to return to the team in the fall.
In addition to Callaway, former Gators quarterback Treon Harris was accused of attempted sexual assault in January. Harris transferred from the school as part of the plea agreement in his case.
Callaway led the Gators in all-purpose yards last season. He set Florida’s freshman record with 678 receiving yards.