College football is the land of consistency, pageantry, and tradition. More and more often, however, pageantry overwhelms those other two elements and we get teams trying out crazy alternate uniforms. Some are ugly, some are dope. Here are the best 10 alternates we've seen this season.
10. Oregon State - The Beavers rocked these metallic orange unis when they faced USC on November 1st. If you're in the same state with the Oregon Ducks, you have no choice but to switch up your uniforms.
9. Oregon - The school that started the alternate uniform craze came correct with the coordinated mismatch pink helmets to honor breast cancer awareness on October 19th versus Washington State. I love this look because it matches absolutely nothing. It's literally the pink elephant in the stadium.
8. Notre Dame - The Irish switched up their unis on October 5th versus Arizona State on October 5th. You don't think of green and gold as a good color combo but the Fighting Irish make it look stylish.
7. Memphis - The Tigers wore these uniforms on September 21 when they took on Arkansas State. The chrome-silver helmet sets the tone.
6. Virginia Tech - The Hokies played Georgia Tech in these cool uniforms on September 26th. This one works because of the helmet. The design is based off Hokie Stone, which is used on all buildings on the VA Tech campus.
5. Tennessee - The Vols went all-grey when they played Georgia on October 5th. The smoke grey and orange combo just looks good. And the Vols almost pulled off the upset wearing these too.
4. Oklahoma State - The Pokes took on Kansas State in these black and orange alternate unis on October 5th. I'm a Sooner homer, but I can't lie to myself. These Oklahoma State uniforms are pretty snazzy: matte black helmets, black jerseys on top of orange pants.
3. Maryland - The Terps aka the Oregon Ducks of the East rocked this funky mashup of on October 26th. Weird isn't always a bad thing and these Maryland uniforms are the perfect example.
2. Baylor - The Bears put on their shiny gold helmets to play West Virginia on October 5th. These helmets would make more sense for Cal, but I digress. The gold helmets on top of the black uniform is very easy on the eyes.
1. Oregon Ducks - The best alternate jersey in all the land so far this season has been worn by the Oregon Ducks, of course. They went all yellow everything on Sept. 14th when they played Tennessee. Who said spring and summer are the only seasons for bright colors? The Ducks always stand out, and this bright yellow is sure to grab the attention of potential recruits.