Here's what has happened in between the last two successful Jon Lester pickoffs.
Tuesday night, Chicago Cubs pitcher Jon Lester successfully picked off a runner at first base.
This is news because Lester hadn’t successfully picked off a runner since August 2011, over four years earlier. In between the two outs, Lester battled the yips, and even switched teams a couple times.
Here's a timeline of some other notable events from 2011's pickoff to Tuesday night's:
- Aug. 10, 2011: Jon Lester picks off Ben Revere
- September 2011: New York Mets finish fourth in NL East
- Fall 2011–Jan. 2015: Marcus Mariota's entire Oregon career
- September 2012: Mets finish fourth again
- April 29, 2013: New York Jets cut Tim Tebow
- Aug. 25, 2013: Miley Cyrus twerks at the MTV Video Music Awards
- Aug. 31, 2013: New England Patriots cut Tim Tebow
- July 22, 2013: Prince George is born
- September 2013: Mets finish third!
- Dec. 24, 2013: Astronaut Mike Hopkins takes selfie in space
- Feb. 2014: Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl
- March 2014: Ellen DeGeneres tweets the most popular tweet ever
- July 2014: LeBron James announces he's going back to Cleveland via Sports Illustrated
- September 2014: Mets finish third
- Feb. 2015: Seattle Seahawks lose the Super Bowl
- April 23, 1914–April 4, 2015: Wrigley Field doesn't have a videoboard for Cubs games
- April 5, 2015: Wrigley Field has a videoboard for a Cubs game
- May 2015: Princess Charlotte is born
- Sept. 5, 2015: Philadelphia Eagles cut Tim Tebow
- September: Mets in first place
- Sept. 15, 2015: Jon Lester picks off Starling Marte
Lester must remember that Revere pickoff like it was yesterday.