Top-selling NBA jerseys; Tony Romo gets buckets; WWE controversy; more
Random musings on sports and pop culture from the mind of Jimmy Traina.
1. The NBA has released the list of the top-selling jerseys for the 2016-17 regular season. The top 10 is as follows:
1. Stephen Curry, Warriors
2. LeBron James, Cavaliers
3. Kevin Durant, Warriors
4. Russell Westbrook, Thunder
5. Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers
6. Kawahi Leonard, Spurs
7. Kristaps Porzingis, Knicks
8. Jimmy Butler, Bulls
9. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks
10. James Harden, Rockets
2. Tony Romo didn’t crack the top-selling NBA jerseys list, but the former Cowboys quarterback, who will suit up and be on the bench for the Mavericks game against Denver tonight, spent Tuesday getting buckets and bantering with Dirk Nowitzki on Twitter.
3. Roger Goodell and the NFL have done it again. While the commissioner has done a great job making owners money, he basically messes up everything else. That brings us to the latest bit of news It was announced on NFL.com that players who participated in an arm wrestling event at the MGM in Las Vegas will be fined. Yes, the league that just put a team in Sin City is going to take money from players, such as Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills and Raiders punter Marquette King, because they had the audacity to arm wrestle at a casino. Yes, NFL rules state that players are prohibited from attending promotional events at casinos, but that rule rings a little hollow when you move a team into the gambling capital of the world. More important, though, was that at least were treated to this excellent tweet by King.
4. And the groom wore green? Sergio Garcia says he may wear his Masters jacket when he gets married in July.
5. We told you yesterday that the WWE had a big problem on its hands with SmackDown announcer John Bradshaw Layfield and accusations of bullying. SI.com's Justin Barrasso has more details, despite everyone associated with the WWE having tight lips these days.
6. SB Nation’s Matt Afford had the best take I’ve seen regarding the problem of NBA teams resting players during the regular season.
7. The Phillies did a very cool thing for a fan last night who inquired about the team holding Autism Awareness Night.
8. Remember when Rob Gronkowski held the “Ground Party Cruise” last year? It seems it wasn’t all just swimming and dancing and drinking. A poop prank reportedly marred the good time for some.
9. Indians infielder Jose Ramirez got a fresh 'do for the start of the 2017 season.
10. Former NFL running back Arian Foster is flying the not-so-friendly skies today. Let's hope it was goes okay for him.
Flying United?— Arin Gudmundson (@ArinGoody) April 11, 2017
11. If you're a David Letterman fan, you'll want to read these exclusive quotes from an upcoming book about how the late-night icon handled being blackmailed over a sex scandal in 2009.
12. THE DAILY ROCK The Rock does not want this picture to become a meme. You know what to do.
View this post on Instagram
Amidst the frenzy, we must always find time to smile. Plus I ain't out here trynna take a f*cked up pic that turns into a viral meme. 😂. Appreciate all the fans who joined us in NYC for our big #FateOfTheFurious world premiere. You guys waited around a long time for the circus to arrive and as always, I appreciate and luv all of you. See ya down the road. 🤙🏾 #F8 #WorldPremiereNYC #BigSmiles #NoMemes