Carlos Correa's proposal to Daniella Rodriguez was planned a few days in advance.
1. If you have questions about Carlos Correa's on-field, postgame proposal to girlfriend, Daniella Rodriguez, The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal has the answers in this story. The FOX reporter was summoned by Correa ("Ken, we need to talk! Serious business!") 30 minutes after the Astros won Game 5 on Sunday. Correa told Rosenthal about his plan to pop the question to Rodriguez, who he had been dating since 2016, after Game 7 of the World Series if the Astros came out victorious. Rosenthal then coordinated some things with his FOX producers to make it all happen on the air. After initially asking Rosenthal to hold the ring for him throughout the game, Correa left the rock with one of the Astros' clubhouse attendants, who handed it over to the shortstop when the game ended.
Rosenthal said he questioned Correa about being sure he'd get a yes to his question. Correa was more than confident things would turn out as expected and the rest is history.
2. One of the big World Series stories the past couple of days was a bettor who had reportedly put $8 million on the Dodgers to win Game 6 and who had won $14 million overall on the Fall Classic. The man who broke this story, RJ Bell, reported before Game 7, that the bettor was taking Wednesday night off. One person who was not buying this entire saga was a man who knows a thing or two about wagering himself, Brent Musburger.
Yo RJ Bell, VSIN exists because of bullshitters like you !! Maybe Deadspin was right!!— Brent Musburger (@brentmusburger) November 2, 2017
Musburger is referring to this story Deadspin published about Bell, which Bell is now suing over.
3. What a rough night for Yasiel Puig. While his team was losing Game 7 of the World Series, his house was being buglarized.
4. Obviously not as impressive as Sports Illustrated's Ben Reiter, but props to NBA analyst Jeff Van Gundy for this prediction.
Jeff Van Gundy to Magic during Lakers' summer lg game: "The Astros are going to take down the Dodgers this year." Magic: "Don't bet on it."— Eric Stephen (@truebluela) July 18, 2017
5. The local radio call in Houston of the final out wasn't bad, but it did seem a bit underwhelming.
6. Gordon Hayward was interviewed by Matt Lauer on The Today Show this morning. The Celtics forward opened up about his injury and the emotional toll it has taken on him. He also joked about double checking to make sure his foot is facing the correct way these days.
7. The Sixers beat the Hawks last night and Joel Embiid was so fired up he dropped an F-bomb during his postgame interview.
8. I know this is a big deal in the wrestling world, but I really don't like Triple H just parachuting in to randomly become part of The Shield.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And check out Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board."
BONUS ITEM: I like the Jets +3 at home against the Bills. Buffalo is a different team on the road.