Brent Musburger on CBS banning betting talk during Super Bowl coverage: "Shame on you."
1. Former CBS NFL Today host Brent Musburger had some very harsh words for his former network on the latest Sports Illustrated Media Podcast.
Musburger, who now runs and hosts a show on the VSiN radio station on SiriusXM, had a strong take when asked about CBS's policy of not mentioning sports betting in any way, shape or form during its Super Bowl LIII pregame and game coverage this Sunday.
Here's a snippet of Brent expressing his displeasure with the network:
Brent also added this dagger: "You’re afraid of a phone call from the commissioner’s office on Monday? You have to deal with things like that. You’re a big boy."
Musburger had a lot more to say about CBS's policy. He also talked about the Rams-Patriots betting line, why he's waiting to make his wager, prop bets, the scene in Vegas during Super Bowl weekend, and how he used to get around gambling talk with Jimmy The Greek on the NFL Today,
You can listen to the podcast below or download it on iTunes.
2. Ronda Rousey had a rough night on the mic during Monday Night Raw. She flubbed her lines, got intimidated by the crowd and was rattled to the point where Vince McMahon had to send out another wrestler to stop the promo.
3. Great job by Dwyane Wade going outside of Madison Square Garden to toss his sneakers to some fans.
4. I'm not sure I've ever seen a better celebration in sports than the one executed last night by bowler Kyle Troup.
5. Tremendous job here by the WWE, Seth Rollins and Sasha Banks surprising a young fan who just couldn't handle the excitement.
6. Can you imagine an NFL coach having his number listed today?
I met Wade Phillips in 1998 when he was w @buffalobills— Mark Dalton (@CardsMarkD) January 29, 2019
The entire time he was head coach there, his home phone # was listed in the Buffalo phone book
21 yrs later both “home phone numbers” AND “phone books” are obsolete but @sonofbum is going strong
Truly one of the best pic.twitter.com/oyu5JPT4vs
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: In addition to Musburger, this week's SI Media Podcast also features an interview with Steve Carell. One topic we discussed was Carell writing the "Casino Night" episode of The Office and what he wanted to accomplish. Carell had much praise for the work Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski did in the episode.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Will Bryce Harper and Manny Machado ever sign?