Dodgers' Cody Bellinger tells fan who ran on field for a hug that she's going to jail.
1. Over-aggressive fans running onto a baseball field is nothing new. Usually the incidents make news because security makes a crushing tackle on the culprit. But this time, it's Cody Bellinger's reaction that makes the latest incident amusing.
The Dodgers outfielder got charged by a fan during Sunday's game against the Rockies because she wanted a hug. She accomplished her mission, but also paid the price. Plus Bellinger wanted no part of being touched, which led to the great photo above and below.
After the game, Bellinger told reporters that he explained to the fan that she'd be going to jail.
He also would like everyone to know that his hugs are not worth all this trouble.
2. Baseball Is Beautiful Part 1 via Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong.
Baseball Is Beautiful Part 2 via Padres rookie Fernando Tatis Jr.
Baseball Is Beautiful Part 3 via the Dodgers.
3. Here's how the New York tabloids handled the news of Mets manager Mickey Callaway cursing out a reporter and pitcher Jason Vargas threatening said reporter.
4. Just looking at The Rock's latest Instagram post will give you a sugar coma.
View this post on Instagram
Midnight sugar train leaves the station. Brownies, blondies, peanut butter, chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies. With a fat slice of a cheesecake chaser. Now subvert all this sugar glory with a great Ken Burns documentary on PROHIBITION and we have ourselves a helluva party. Don’t cheat yourself, treat yourself and enjoy your cheat meals my friends.
5. Chris Long had some fun at Cam Newton's expense today.
If you missed it in today's Hot Clicks, a passenger turned down Newton's offer of $1,500 to switch seats for more leg room on a flight from Paris over the weekend.
I'm team passenger on this one. If you have anything more than a 3-hour flight, you can't give up the extra leg room. You just can't.
6. The latest SI Media Podcast features an interview with Scott Van Pelt. The SportsCenter host talks about the challenges of doing a live show immediately following the NBA Finals and all that goes into it. We also discussed the real story of why he's never been to the ESPYs, how much impact the legalization of sports betting has had and the time he got pranked by a Howard Stern fan on a live SportsCenter.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Don Nelson's feature on a new episode of HBO's Real Sports, debuting Tuesday night at 10 p.m., looks like it will be outstanding.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on iTunes, Spotify or Google Play. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.
IN CLOSING: ESPN2 is re-airing the documentary OJ: Made in America starting tonight at 8 p.m. If you've never seen it, it's a must-watch.