The 2020 season will mark Gordon's 14th with the Royals, where he has spent his entire MLB career. The veteran became a free agent after the 2019 season when Kansas City declined Gordon's option.
The 35-year-old Gordon was signed to a four-year, $72 million contract by the Royals in January 2016. The three-time All-Star and seven-time Gold Glove winner batted .266 last season with 13 home runs and 76 RBIs. He also won a World Series with the Royals in 2015.
Check out the latest news and rumors around MLB.
- The Rockies' Nolan Arenado will "not speak on" trade rumors anymore after GM Jeff Bridich said the team has no intention of dealing the third baseman. (Patrick Saunders, The Denver Post)
- The Blue Jays and Reds have shown interest in free agent Brock Holt. (Chris Cotillo, MassLive.com)
- The Cardinals have re-signed catcher Matt Wieters, the team announced Wednesday. The deal is worth $2 million, along with $1 million in incentives. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
- The Yankees have signed pitcher Luis Avilan to a minor league contract, including a Spring Training invitation. (John Heyman, MLB Network)
- Veteran infielder Neil Walker and the Phillies have agreed on a minor league deal with a big-league camp invite. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
- The Phillies and veteran lefthanded pitcher Francisco Liriano have agreed on a $1.5 million minor league deal with $1.25 million in incentives. (Robert Murray)