The San Diego Padres will bulk up their bullpen, agreeing to a deal to acquire RHP Trevor Rosenthal from the Royals.
The Padres will send INF Jake Cronenworth and RHP Michel Báez to Kansas City in the deal. San Diego is acquiring arguably the best reliever on the market, a move that will boost the struggling bullpen. Rosenthal is in the midst of a bounce-back season, appearing in 14 games, and posting a 3.29 ERA with seven saves.
The MLB trade deadline is Monday at 4 p.m. ET
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- How Gigi Wu Found and Lost Herself in the Clouds
- Inside the Dolphins’ Preparation to Have Fans at Hard Rock Stadium
- 2020 Fantasy Football Draft Guide Live Stream: TONIGHT at 9:00 pm ET
- NFL Players Are Helping to Shine a Massive Spotlight on What's Happening in America
- Allegations Show Real Salt Lake Owner Has a History of Racist Comments
- The Lost Summer of Williamsport
- Fantasy Football's BIG Sleeper List for 2020 Drafts
- 'Our Voices Were Heard': Inside the 48 Hours That Brought Back the 2020 NBA Playoffs