After a whirlwind week, Conor McGregor tweeted that he is “back on for UFC 200” on Monday.
Conor McGregor is “back on UFC 200,” the fighter tweeted on Monday.
The 27-year-old cryptically tweeted last week that he would be retiring from the sport, and UFC president Dana White later said McGregor was pulled from UFC 200, where he was scheduled to fight Nate Diaz on July 9, for failing to appear at a press conference.
On Thursday, McGregor announced that he has not retired and never considered stepping away from the ring, saying he is “just trying to do my job and fight here. I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting. There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.”
In his tweet announcing his return to UFC 200, McGregor shouted out White and UFC chairman Lorenzo Fertitta “on getting this one done for the fans.”
The Irishman lost to Diaz in an upset at UFC 196 earlier this year. Over the weekend, Diaz said he still wanted to fight McGregor at UFC 200.