See the latest NBA news and rumors as training camp approaches.
We're just five weeks away from the start of the 2015–16 NBA season, when the Golden State Warriors will try to defend their title. The start of training camp is just days away, and several teams are already negotiating with players ahead of the Oct. 31 rookie extension deadline.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below as training camp approaches, including some good news for Kevin Durant and a farewell from Jason Richardson.
• Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh said he is done taking blood thinners and cleared for training camp. Bosh missed the final 30 games of last season due to blood clots on his lung. He described the experience to Sports illustrated’s Lee Jenkins.
• Free agent Tristan Thompson has reportedly lowered his contract demands from a max deal. He is willing to sign a three-year deal worth $53 million with the Cavaliers, according to ESPN.
• The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Metta World Peace to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal. World Peace played for L.A. from 2009–13.
• Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons may not be ready for the start of training camp but intends to play opening night, the Dallas Morning News reports. Parsons is recovering from a knee injury he suffered in April.
• NBA great Shaquille O'Neal told Esquire that he feels he retired "too early."
• Ben Gordon is nearing a deal with the Golden State Warriors that could be finalized before the season's end, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.