Heat forward Chris Bosh said he is positive he will be able to return this season.
Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh said Thursday he is “positive” he will be able to return this season.
Bosh has not played since the All-Star break after what was initially ruled a calf strain reportedly turned into a blood clot scare. Bosh faced a similar situation last season, missing every game after the All-Star game after doctors discovered blood clots on his lungs.
Bosh had not spoken publicly on the matter this season until Thursday, when he released a statement saying his current situation has “never been life threatening” and he does not have “deep vein thrombosis.”
Bosh had been averaging a team-leading 19.1 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Heat this season before his injury. Bosh, the No. 4 overall pick of the 2003 draft, signed a five-year, $118 million contract with Miami in 2014.
– Rohan Nadkarni