Tyronn Lue is the leading candidate for several head coaching positions, sources have told Sports Illustrated.
Lue is currently the lead assistant for Doc Rivers and will spend the next couple of months working to help the Clippers win a championship but the buzz inside the NBA bubble is Lue is the front runner for multiple coaching positions.
ESPN first reported that The Nets will conduct a formal coaching search after the season and there’s an expectation that New Orleans Pelicans will look to make a change. There are also question marks surrounding Philadelphia and Houston.
Lue has not been a head coach since being fired by Cleveland early in the 2018-19 season and reportedly rejected an offer to coach the Lakers last summer.
Lue has a 128-83 record as a head coach.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- PSG Sheds Past Baggage to Rescue Its Champions League Dream
- After a Difficult Decision, Kevin Warren Left to Confront Growing Big Ten Discord
- Michele Roberts Opens Up About the NBA Bubble and What's Next
- Fantasy Football Bust of the Year: Which 2019 Stud Should You Fade in 2020?
- 'Ted Lasso' and the Journey From Viral Promo to TV Series
- NCAA SVP of Basketball Dan Gavitt: 'We Are Going to Have a Tournament' in 2021
- John Cena Assesses How WWE Is Handling Shows Without Fans