On July 21st the timberwolves began their search for a successor and Now after two months one interest has taken the forefront.
According to the Athletics, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx owner Glen Taylor is reportedly in advanced talks to sell the team to former Memphis Grizzlies minority owner Daniel E. Straus.
The Timberwolves will not leave Minnesota if they are in fact purchased by Straus, as Taylor has stipulated that any buyer must keep the team in Minneapolis.
At this point, an agreement has not been finalized.
The Timberwolves have missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons following a 19–45 campaign in 2019-20.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Top QB Prospect Trey Lance to Get Showcase Game When North Dakota State Plays Central Arkansas
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- SI Survey: Doctors Say They'd Play in the NBA and NHL, but not NFL and MLB
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Despite All the Risks, Oscar De La Hoya Can Never Truly Quit Boxing
- Clemson No. 1 in Preseason AP Top 25, Followed by Ohio State, Alabama
- Asuka’s Journey Puts Her in Position for Two Title Matches at 'SummerSlam'