The Milwaukee Bucks have decided to sit out Game 5 in protest, a source tells ESPN.
Wojnarowski reported that multiple NBA executives were stationed outside Milwaukee's locker room as adamant discussions about playing the game continued inside.
And now ESPN reports that the Bucks have decided to sit out the game entirely.
The Bucks players made this decision in the wake of the Jacob Blake police shooting in Wisconsin.
Bucks guard George Hill told The Undefeated that his team is not playing against Orlando tonight in light of shooting and that, “We’re tired of the killings and the injustice, The Bucks were set to take on the Orlando Magic in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference playoffs at 4 pm ET on Wednesday.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Mailbag: Questions Remain on 2020 U.S. Open Despite the Success of Tennis's Return
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- Former Washington Employees Describe Exploitive Environment, per Washington Post Report
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Mailbag: Which Under-the-Radar Rookies Will Make the Biggest Impact This Year
- Inside the Raptors and Celtics Discussions to Boycott Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Late Bloomer Damian Priest Reaches New Heights in ‘TakeOver XXX’ Ladder Match