Denver Nuggets Jamal Murray decided his team wasn’t going home in Game 5 vs. the Utah Jazz on Tuesday.
The No. 3 Nuggets went into Game 5 trailing 1-3 but were able to defeat the Jazz with a final score of 117 to 107.
Jamal Murray scored 33 of his 42 points in the second half and forced his way into a Game 6 matchup with the Jazz.
Utah’s Donovan Mitchell has been the playmaker so far this series averaging 39.5 points per game. Mitchell also scored 50-plus points twice against Denver, becoming just the third player in NBA history to accomplish that feat in the same series. Now that we know Jamal Murray can throw up 20 points in 41 minutes, it should make for an exciting Game 6.
The Denver Nuggets will face the Utah Jazz on Thursday at 4 pm EST.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Top QB Prospect Trey Lance to Get Showcase Game When North Dakota State Plays Central Arkansas
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- SI Survey: Doctors Say They'd Play in the NBA and NHL, but not NFL and MLB
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Despite All the Risks, Oscar De La Hoya Can Never Truly Quit Boxing
- Clemson No. 1 in Preseason AP Top 25, Followed by Ohio State, Alabama
- Asuka’s Journey Puts Her in Position for Two Title Matches at 'SummerSlam'