Michael Jordan was the voice of reason during the NBA owners meeting on Thursday sources tell ESPN.
Jordan who owns the Charlotte Hornets is the only black majority owner in the NBA. The Hall of Famer reached out to the National Basketball Players Association president Chris Paul, to see what the players hoped to achieve. Jordan also spoke with Rockets star Russell Westbrook about issues on social justice- acting as a liaison between players and owners.
In the owner's meeting on Thursday morning, Jordan shared with the group that quote, "Right now, listening is better than talking,"
League sources said that owners were unanimous in supporting the players and spent ways discussing how they could help amplify their voices.
The NBA and NBPA decided to postpone all of Wednesday's playoff games in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake. NBA players have since voted to resume the playoffs on Thursday.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- How Gigi Wu Found and Lost Herself in the Clouds
- Inside the Dolphins’ Preparation to Have Fans at Hard Rock Stadium
- 2020 Fantasy Football Draft Guide Live Stream: TONIGHT at 9:00 pm ET
- NFL Players Are Helping to Shine a Massive Spotlight on What's Happening in America
- Arik Gilbert is the Gatorade Male High School Athlete of the Year
- Paige Bueckers is the Gatorade Female High School Athlete of the Year
- Late Bloomer Damian Priest Reaches New Heights in ‘TakeOver XXX’ Ladder Match
- Chris Webber, Kenny Smith Stand Out During Surreal, Memorable Day in Sports: TRAINA THOUGHTS