With the NFL draft over and free agency winding down, find out the latest in the NFL rumor mill.
The NFL draft is over and free agency is winding down, but the NFL rumor mill is still abuzz. Many teams begin their organized team activities this week and several big-name players are skipping the workouts while they negotiate new contracts. The workouts also give teams a chance to see their draft picks and new signings compete against established veterans. The free agents who have yet to sign contracts could end up with new homes soon as the start of training camp looms.
What's the latest? Check back often as we update below with all the latest scoops, including transactions, news and rumors.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is considering skipping the season opener if he and the team do not agree to a long-term contract by July 15, reports ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
• Eagles reportedly release Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis. Mathis, who has not participated in the team's offseason program, has been unhappy with his 5-year, $25 million deal he signed in 2012.
• Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he thinks linebacker Jadeveon Clowney will be ready to play in Week 1, according to NFL.com. Clowney underwent knee surgery last December after playing only four games as a rookie.
• The New York Jets signed offensive tackle Charles Brown, the team announced on Friday. Brown appeared in two games with the New York Giants last season.
• Patriots agree to sign veteran quarterback Matt Flynn, according to ESPN. Flynn had spent six of his seven NFL seasons with the Green Bay Packers.
• Colts owner Jim Irsay and general manager Ryan Grigson both say they want a contract extension for receiver T.Y. Hilton.
• San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid says he considered retirement because of concussion concerns.
• Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr returned to practice after dealing with a finger injury.
• Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles says to the Florida Times-Union that he wants to be part of the group that is receiving $100 million contracts. The latest in the $100 million club is Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who signed a five-year deal worth $103.8 million last week.
• Free agent defensive tackle C.J. Mosley visited the Dolphins on Tuesday, reports ESPN's Adam Caplan.
• Titans wide receiver coach Shawn Jefferson said quarterback Marcus Mariota is “the real deal” and has been “deadly accurate” at OTAs, according to ESPN.
• The Buccaneers are claiming former Browns punter Spencer Lanning off waivers, according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
• Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said quarterback Logan Thomas is "still a work in progress."
• The agent for Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson sent the team a 16-page letter stating his case on Wilson's impending free agency. The MMQB's Peter King wrote about the looming standoff between Wilson and the team in his Monday column.
• San Francisco 49ers guard Alex Boone will reportedly attend team's veteran minicamp. He has not participated in the offseason team activities and skipped last year's minicamp in search of a new contract.