See the latest news and rumors around the NFL heading into Week 4.
The fourth week of the NFL season kicked off on Thursday night, as the Ravens earned a 23–20 overtime victory over the Steelers. Justin Tucker kicked a 52-yard field goal in overtime to earn Baltimore its first win of the season.
This weekend features a slate of enticing matchups. The Jets and Dolphins play the league's first London game of the season at 9:30 a.m. ET on Sunday, while the Bills will host the Giants at 1 p.m. ET. The Packers look to remain perfect at the 49ers, and the Jaguars will travel to Indianapolis to play the Colts, who may be without injured quarterback Andrew Luck.
See the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• With Andrew Luck dealing with a shoulder injury, the Colts have signed quarterback Josh Johnson and waived cornerback Shaun Prater. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Luck is considered “legitimately questionable” to play on Sunday against the Jaguars.
• The Steelers denied speculation that injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was using a smartphone on the sidelines during last night’s loss to the Ravens. Using a phone on the sidelines is against league rules, and a Steelers spokesman said that Big Ben was checking a black, plastic wristband that contains the play calls for the game.
• Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. was speared in the back by Lawrence Timmons in the 3rd quarter of Thursday night's game against the Steelers and did not return. Smith blamed Mike Mitchell for the hit.
• NFL Hall of Famer Warren Sapp has avoided jail time in a plea deal in a Las Vegas domestic battery case, according to the Associated Press. Sapp pleaded no contest to the charges and will serve 48 hours of community service, pay a fine and pay $2,555 in restitution.
• Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, 41, told TMZ that he hasn’t heard from the Cowboys since Dez Bryant’s injury, but that he is staying in NFL shape and is ready to play if they need him.
• Noteable injured players who will not play on Sunday: Bills stars LeSean McCoy (hamstring) and Sammy Watkins (calf) are both likely out against the Giants. Giants receiver Victor Cruz reaggravated his calf injury in practice and is out against the Bills. Panthers star linebacker Luke Kuechly is still out and not expected to play after suffering a concussion in Week 1.
• Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is “good to go” on Sunday despite a toe injury.