NFL rumors: Latest news entering Week 15 on injuries and more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The St. Louis Rams host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday night to start Week 15. With only three weeks left in the regular season, several games this weekend have playoff implications. The Carolina Panthers remain the NFL’s only unbeaten team after defeating the Atlanta Falcons in Week 14.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Kansas City Chiefs could be without star linebacker Justin Houston for the rest of the season. NFL.com reports the Chiefs fear Houston’s visit to Dr. James Andrews could reveal a knee injury that will end his year.
• The New England Patriots claimed two players off waivers, according to NFL.com. The Patriots added former Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Leonard Hankerson and Detroit Lions offensive tackle LaAdrian Waddle.
• Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller believes he should get more carries, especially when he’s “feeling it.” Miller told the Palm Beach Post he doesn’t question the play-calling, and he was feeling it Monday night against the New York Giants, when he had just five carries in the second half.
• After the Washington Redskins released him from their practice squad, running back Christine Michael is back with the Seattle Seahawks. The team announced it signed Michael, who was traded by Seattle to the Dallas Cowboys earlier this season.
• Texans owner Bob McNair wants to get a franchise quarterback this offseason, he told The Houston Chronicle. McNair also plans to keep general manager Rick Smith on the team’s staff.