NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
While teams across the NFL have been preparing for the draft, which is less than three weeks away, the league is still mourning the loss of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith, who was fatally shot following a traffic accident on Saturday night. New video obtained by Fox 8 in New Orleans appears to show Smith being involved in a hit-and-run accident with the alleged shooter moments before his death.
Check out more NFL news and rumors below.
• Arizona Cardinals defensive back and New Orleans native Tyrann Mathieu has received death threats after calling Smith’s killer a “coward,” reports the New York Daily News’ Jason Silverstein.
• Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon’s reinstatement to the NFL has been delayed after he tested positive for marijuana during a March drug test, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• Former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is living with Gordon and not with Broncos linebacker Von Miller as he told TMZ, reports ESPN.
• The Tennessee Titans reportedly have a “strong offer” for the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, reports SI’s Peter King.
• Running back LeGarrette Blount signed a one-year deal to remain with the New England Patriots, reports the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe.
• Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta will attempt to play in 2016 after missing nearly two years with a hip injury, reports FOX Sports’ Mike Garafolo.
• NFL Network analyst Ike Taylor said former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott “will be a Hall of Famer” if he is drafted by the Dallas Cowboys.