Mike Garafalo reported that the Saints are hosting a group of veteran wide receivers in New Orleans for workouts. Former NFL wideout Chris Hogan is one of the candidates hoping to latch-on with the New Orleans. At the moment, Hogan is playing lacrosse for the Cannons Lacrosse Club in the PLL.
The most intriguing tweet of the morning came for Chad Johnson. The former All-Pro wide receiver wrote, "@Saints, Here me out, even years removed I’m STILL in better shape than 90% of these earthlings & can play until my guy @Cantguardmike [Michael Thomas] comes back, don’t need money/contract just a company car & place to stay."
Here's the skinny for supporting 'Ochocinco.' Last month he was on the undercard for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul exhibition match. Johnson fought former MMA fighter Brian Maxwell for four rounds. He went the distance after being knocked down, but he is fit.
Also, he is still racing athletes and appears to be in good shape on the 'I AM ATHLETE' broadcasts.
New Orleans must find a veteran for its receiving corps with Michael Thomas sidelined the next several weeks. Tre'Quan Smith (4), Deonte Harris (3), Marquez Callaway (1), Lil' Jordan Humphrey (2), Easop Winston (R), Juwan Johnson (1), Jake Lampman (2), Jalen McCleskey (1), and Kawaan Baker (R) are the receivers listed on the team's roster.
Saints training camp for rookies began Saturday, and the veterans report on Tuesday, July 27.
READ MORE SAINTS NEWS
- The Many Saints of New Orleans: Marquez Callaway's Emergence, Pt 2
- The Emerging Talent of Marquez Callaway
- Free-Agent Wideouts the Saints Could Pursue to Replace Michael Thomas
- How Will the Saints Deal With Losing Michael Thomas?
- Report: Michael Thomas Will Miss the Start of 2021 Season
- Saints Countdown to NFL Kickoff 2021: #52 Craig Robertson
- Saints' Running Backs a Position of Strength Entering 2021
- The Mercedes-Benz Superdome is Renamed Caesars Superdome
- Saints News: 'Caesars Superdome' Name Approved by Louisiana Lawmakers
- Saints: COVID-19 Delta Variant Could Affect Superdome Attendance