Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
With the NHL trade deadline approaching, there’s plenty of intrigue surrounding the decisions of front offices around the league.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• After being suspended for Tuesday’s game because he missed Monday’s practice, Buffalo Sabres forward Evander Kane apologized to his teammates, reports NHL.com. Kane attended the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday.
• The Sabres are open to re-signing impending free-agent forward Jamie McGinn, reports ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
• The Pittsburgh Penguins are interested in adding both a forward and a defenseman to help combat the injuries the team has faced, reports LeBrun.
• Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba isn’t worried about the trade rumors surrounding him, he told the Winnipeg Free Press.
• The Columbus Blue Jackets could trade forward Scott Hartnell and defenseman Fedor Tyutin before the deadline, reports The Columbus Dispatch.
• The Washington Capitals likely won’t make a major trade by the deadline, according to The Washington Post.
• Philadelphia Flyers rookie defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere extended his record point streak to 13 games with a goal Tuesday. No defenseman has ever scored a point in as many consecutive games as Gostisbehere.