By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs resumed Monday night with three games, capped off by the Los Angeles Kings’ 2–1 overtime win over the San Jose Sharks. The Kings now trail the Sharks 2–1 in the series.
The Minnesota Wild also trail the Dallas Stars 2–1 in their series after winning 5–3 in Game 3 on Monday, while the Washington Capitals went up 3–0 in their series with the Philadelphia Flyers after a 6–1 win.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh is doubtful to play in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins, reports ESPN. He has missed the last two weeks with a hand injury.
• Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik sustained an upper-body injury after being hit by Flyers forward Ryan Smith in Game 3 on Monday. His status is questionable moving forward, as he will be evaluated by team doctors on Tuesday, reports CSN Mid-Atlantic’s Chuck Gormley.
• The Flyers received a delay of game penalty after fans tossed wristbands onto the ice in the third period of Game 3.
• Stars forward Tyler Seguin is listed as day-to-day as he continues to recover from an Achilles injury after missing the team’s Game 3 loss to the Wild, reports ESPN.
• Florida Panthers defenseman Steven Kampfer’s status for Game 4 is uncertain as he continues to recover from an ankle injury, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov.
• The Boston Bruins are expected to part ways with goalie Jonas Gustavsson this off-season, reports The Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa.
• Former NHL goalie Jonas Hiller signed a three-year deal with EHC Biel of the Swiss League, the team announced.