Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs concluded Wednesday with the Nashville Predators advancing past the Anaheim Ducks with a 2–1 win in Game 7. The second round also started Wednesday with the New York Islanders defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning 5–3.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Dallas Stars forward Tyler Seguin is expected to miss the beginning of his team’s series against the St. Louis Blues, reports CBS Sports’ Chris Peters. Seguin sustained a lower-body injury in Game 2 of the Stars’ first-round series against the Wild.
• Lightning forward Erik Condra was helped off the ice after being hit into the boards by Islanders forward Casey Cizikas in the first period Wednesday and didn’t return to the game. He is considered day-to-day with an upper-body injury, reports The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson.
• Islanders head coach Jack Capuano was struck in the face by a puck in the third period Wednesday, but only sustained a few cuts to his nose, reports Yahoo!’s Sean Leahy.
• The new Florida Panthers logo has been leaked, reports Uni Watch’s Paul Lukas.
• Panthers defenseman Willie Mitchell is expected to retire, reports the Associated Press.
• Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Evgeny Medvedev was arrested on suspicion of DUI, reports NBC Philadelphia’s Vince Lattanzio.
• Los Angeles’ Jonathan Quick, Tampa Bay’s Ben Bishop and Washington’s Braden Holtby are the three finalists for the Vezina Trophy, reports the Associated Press.