Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
After three Stanley Cup Playoff games Tuesday night, there’s just one on the schedule for Wednesday. The Pittsburgh Penguins host the Washington Capitals, with the Penguins up 2–1 in the second-round series.
Check out the latest NHL news below.
• Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang has been suspended for one game for his hit on Washington Capitals forward Marcus Johansson.
• The Montreal Canadiens are not actively trying to trade defenseman P.K. Subban, general manager Marc Bergevin told the Montreal Gazette. However, the Habs will listen to any offers that come their way.
• Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher will meet with interim head coach John Torchetti this week, reports Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. Torchetti will get the first shot at landing the job.
• North Dakota’s Drake Caggiula, one of the top college hockey free agents, is expected to make a decision about his future this week. Friedman reports Caggiula has visited with eight teams.
• The Arizona Coyotes are not close to naming a new general manager, reports Arizona Sports’ Craig Morgan. In addition, forward Shane Doan’s decision about whether or not to continue playing might have to wait until after the Coyotes hire a general manager.
• TSN’s Gary Lawless reports that Kevin Dineen is a strong candidate for the Calgary Flames’ head coaching job. Dineen was previously the head coach of the Florida Panthers, and is currently a Chicago Blackhawks assistant.
• Three Boston Bruins underwent successful surgeries Tuesday, the team announced. Forward Matt Beleskey underwent hand surgery, forward David Krejci had hip surgery and defenseman Torey Krug had shoulder surgery.