Sunday's humiliating capitulation against Liverpool was the last straw for a large section of Arsenal fan's, including those who have been staunch Arsene Wenger loyalists.
Such destructive defeats have become the norm over recent seasons, but one has never occurred at such an early point in the season.
As such, Arsenal fans voiced there displeasure in droves, and none more so than on Twitter, where one fan got creative in his criticisms of the club by tweeting out what has become a viral thread chronicling the club's ''banter era''.
The ten most popular posts on the thread are highlighted below:
1. '‘It all started when this **** turned up from Chelsea with £5m in a brief case to replace invincible and future captain Ashley Cole.’
2. '‘August 2009 when Wenger got sent to the stands after kicking a water bottle. I’ll leave this one to Gordon Strachan.’'
3. ''September 2009 we lost 4-2 to Man City and Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. Iconic.’'
4. ‘Who can forget Rory Delap’s long throw-ins? These were more terrifying than anything Donald Trump or Kim Jong-un can throw at us.’
5. ‘'The infamous 4-4 vs Newcastle. 4-0 up at half time and cruising. We all know what happened next. God rest Cheik Tiote.’'
6. '‘League cup final vs Birmingham in 2011. Bantered off in the 89th minute by Obafemi Martins and Barry Ferguson. Peak banter era.’'
7. '‘The 8-2 at Old Trafford. THE banter era game. Miquel and Frimpong were no match for prime Wayne Rooney. That missed penalty proved costly.’'
8. ''Reading 5-7 Arsenal. 4-0 down at HT. 4-4 at FT. Giroud and Coquelin throw shirts away before ET and have to ask for them back.''
9. '‘Deadline day of January 2014. We desperately need a midfielder due to injuries. Then 31 year old Kim Kallstrom arrives with a broken back.’'
10. '‘Arsenal were used to losing to Chelsea but going to Stamford Bridge for Wenger’s 1000th game we were feeling more optimistic. We lost 6-0.’'