From marquee matches to feisty feuds, to major meltdowns and the tennis Twitter, and all of fashion faux-pas and sexy, skillful shots in between, SI Tennis' Year-End Awards have the entire span of the 2014 tennis season covered. Check back throughout the month of December to see the best and worst of the season.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet. Here's the best of the best from all of the 2014 Daily Bagels on SI.com.
• "What Went Wrong at the Strangest Tennis Match You Never Knew Occurred?" – Grantland
• Doug Robson on the loss of his mother and why he's rooting for Roger Federer. – USA Today
• Time To Come Up: On Francis Tiafoe, Jay Z, and the future of American men's tennis. – Grantland
• At the Australian Open, It's Not the Heat, It's the Stupidity. – New York Times
• From Johnette Howard: Will the Real Serena Williams Please Stand Up? – espnW
• Every single one of The Grandstand's "Facebook Chats" was great, but their season-ending Davis Cup chat takes the cake.
• The famous (infamous?) profile of Sloane Stephens by Lizzy Goodman. – Elle Magazine
• Brian Philipps reads Monica Seles' young adult novels so you don't have to. – Grantland
• S.L. Price on Serena Williams' mysterious Wimbledon retirement. – SI.com
• L. Jon Wertheim on Camila Giorgi and the financial difficulties of breaking through on tour. – SI.com
• Grantland Dictionary: Tennis Edition. – Grantland
• How Li Na put the fun back into tennis. – The Age
• Louisa Thomas compares and contrasts Eugenie Bouchard and Simona Halep. – Grantland
• Stepping inside Bernard Tomic's world. – The Guardian
• Unforced Errors: Ben Rothenberg on Wimbledon's plagiarism scandal. Part 2 here. – Slate
• Inside the Shadowy World of High Speed Betting. – FiveThirtyEight
• Tennis, suburbia, and the Mason Applebees. – New York Times
• On Andy Murray, Judy Murray, and the hiring of Amelie Mauresmo. – Grantland
• "Dear Novak, Love Roger: Two Tennis Greats Trade Emails During the U.S. Open Men’s Final" – Grantland
• New York Times Magazine profiles Eugenie Bouchard. – NYT Magazine
• Christopher Clarey opens up the voting on the best strokes in the men's and women's game. – New York Times
• The Revolution in Tennis Stats That Didn't Stick. – FiveThirtyEight
• An investigation into the USTA's conflicts of interest. – The New York Times
• How not to be sexist when talking about women's tennis. – Sports on Earth
Did we miss one of your favorites? Tweet us @SI_Tennis with the hashtag #DailyBagel and tell us which reads you loved this year.