The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• In a packed day at the Dubai Championships, Caroline Wozniacki overcame a knee injury and illness -- apparently something is going around in Dubai -- to beat Sam Stosur 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 to advance to the third round. Petra Kvitova also had to rally, beating Elina Svitolina 2-6, 6-3. 6-2. Other notable winners: Ana Ivanovic (d. Lisicki 6-0, 6-3), Simona Halep (d. Hantuchova 6-2, 6-0), Garbine Muguruza (d. Jankovic 6-3, 6-1), and Karolina Pliskova (d. Zahlavova Strycova 6-4, 6-2).
• Be Good To Yourself: Read Andy Murray's match notes.
• Another strong write-up of a pair of matches with irregular betting patterns involving Jimmy Wang.
• Lots of interesting things to chew on in this translated interview with Antwerp champion Andrea Petkovic.
• Speaking of Petkovic, she lost to Zarina Diyas in the second round of the Dubai Championships on Tuesday and came perilously close to be defaulted. Petkovic was robbed on a poor line call, argued with the umpire, lost the next point and then threw her racket angrily a very nearly hit a linesman. Watch the whole incident below:
• Sam Querrey played some great tennis to make the semifinals of last week's Memphis Open, so it's tough to see he had to retire with the lead on Tuesday at the Delray Beach Open due to a back injury.
• A look at the confusing and sometimes controversial "Performance Bye".
• Neat graphic on all the traveling tennis players have to through. And we're only six weeks into the season.