Daily Bagel: Monfils retires after fall, sends Berdych to Miami quarterfinals
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Andrea Petkovic beat Karolina Pliskova 6-4, 6-2 to make her second Miami Open semifinal. When asked why she seems to play such great tennis during the spring hard courts, Petkovic's answer was simple: Hormones.
• Nice sportsmanship here from Stan Wawrinka. He overuled an umpire's double-bounce call and offered to replay the point against Adrian Mannarino in Miami.
• Gael Monfils took a bad fall in the second set against Tomas Berdych and was forced to retire, giving Berdych a pass into the quarterfinals.
• Novak Djokovic favors some Davis Cup reform, including the introduction of a fifth-set tiebreaker.
• Unfortunately, Pliskova's practice session with Andy Murray didn't help her today:
• ICYMI: 14 Songs Every Tennis Fan Must Know.
• Spot the tennis players in SI.com's portrait gallery.